Welcome to Bandwidth! This event is an exciting opportunity for our groups to come together to share our passion for the performance and enjoyment of great band music with each other and the public. We strongly encourage everyone to stay for as much of the day as possible because we believe that a portion of the event’s success will be measured by the support that we show for our fellow musicians. There will be a concession table with some drinks and snacks as a well as a silent auction – these fundraisers will hopefully cover our costs of the festival.
The entire event will be in the main floor atrium of the Landmark Center at 75 West Fifth Street, Saint Paul, MN 55102.
- Parking and unloading: the Landmark has a webpage with information about parking and unloading, etc. http://www.landmarkcenter.org/about/about.htm. Last year it seemed that most convenient parking was in the Macy’s parking lot.
- When you arrive: locate the secured area for instrument storage (it will be near the loading dock in a walled-off area in the northwest corner of the atrium).
- Setting Up: The first two groups (St. Louis Park and Seward) can arrive as early as 11:45. Please don’t arrive earlier than this because we need some time to prepare for you.
We could use your help in staffing the event
. If you (or your family or friends) are interested in helping please call or e-mail Kate Cooper at 952-939-9667
. Here are the areas in which we’ll need your help:
- Hospitality - Responsible for greeting and informing guest performers and audience members of the day’s procedures and activities. This year we will have a children’s activity taking place so there will be some items to distribute to the kids when they arrive as well.
- Concession – We will have store purchased sweet and salty treats, soft drinks and water available.
- Silent Auction - We have some great donations this year (always looking for more though!!) and this part of the festival is our largest fund raiser for the year. We’ve identified some friends of the band to supervise for the afternoon but we’ll need some extra hands to keep an eye on the gifts and answer questions throughout the afternoon. The check out time for the auction, which unfortunately coincides with the Lex-Ham Band’s performance, is the “crazy” time so this is when we could really use the help!
- Security/“watch-person” – A location within the Landmark Center will be designated for each group to assemble and leave music cases and other personal items during their performance. The security person will be close enough to still hear the music!
Schedule for the day:
12:30-1:10 (Stage #1) St. Louis Park Community Band
1:15-1:55 (Stage #2) Seward Concert Band
2:00-2:40 (Stage #1) Brio Brass
2:45-3:25 (Stage #2) Centennial Community Band
3:30-4:10 (Stage #1) Fridley City Band
4:15-4:55 (Stage #2) Century College Concert Band
5:00-5:40 (Stage #1) Lex-Ham Community Band