The St. Louis Park Community Band has been bringing music to communities since 1972. Based in St. Louis Park, Minnesota, we are a group of about 50 dedicated musicians from all areas of the Twin Cities Metro Area. Under the direction of Steven G. Lyons, we perform a wide variety of music during our concerts throughout the year. Please see our concert schedule at right for our next appearance.
The St. Louis Park Community Band prides itself in being serious about music as well as a social group. It is also important to us to share our life-long love of music with young people through joint concerts and instrument donations to underprivileged youths.
New band members are always welcome! Rehearsals are every Tuesday evening at 7:30 PM in the St. Louis Park High School Band Room.
Donations to the St. Louis Park Community Band can be made through the St. Louis Park Friends of the Arts. All donations are tax deductible.
Thank you to the following donors who do so much to help make our music happen!
- St. Louis Park Community Education provides us with a truck and driver to transport all our percussion equipment, stands, music, and other large items to our concert appearances.
- The City of St. Louis Park for their generous donation and providing us with hosting services to make this website possible.
- St. Louis Park Senior High School provides us with the the perfect space to rehearse and store our equipment.
- Friends Of The Arts is our non profit fiscal agent and makes donations for special projects.
- St. Louis Park American Legion and VFW for their generous donation.
- St. Louis Park Rotary Club for their generous donation.
- 3M for their generous donation.
- C. H. Robinson for their generous donation.
- Michael J. Peters for providing our website artwork.